Prep: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Rest Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour | Yields 6 Servings
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Wash potatoes, poke a few holes into them with a fork, then place on a microwave-safe plate and cook in the microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- When soft, let cool, then peel and place the cooked potatoes into a bowl.
- To the potatoes, add 1 teaspoon salt, black pepper, sumac, chili flakes, olive oil, parsley, and green onions.
- Stir and mash to combine until all incorporated well.
- In a bowl, add the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, warm water, and olive oil.
- Mix together and knead until smooth and slightly sticky dough ball forms.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 6 portions and roll each ball into a circle, about ¼” thick similar to a tortilla.
- Spread the potato filling over ½ of the dough leaving a ½” border along the edge.
- Spread a small amount of water around the edges of the dough, then pull over the empty half creating a half-moon shaped bolani.
- Pinch the edges to seal.
- Heat 1″ vegetable oil in a deep-sided skillet.
- Fry each bolani for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through and lightly browned.
To order please contact customer service at 718-378-1122 or call your sales representative.
Recipe from Scrambled Chefs