Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Yields 18 Servings
- 3 large onions
- 9 medium potatoes
- 6 ounces butter
- 12 cups chicken stock (use vegetable stock for a vegetarian soup)
- 1.5 cups cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- Parsley to garnish
- Peel and dice the onion and potatoes.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook for one minute coating completely in butter.
- Add the potatoes and toss well with the onion and melted butter.
- Cover the saucepan and sweat the vegetables for 10 minutes, shaking the pot every few minutes to prevent sticking.
- Pour in the stock and simmer the soup for 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Puree the soup using a held held blender or in batches in a blender.
- Add the cream and mix well together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat to serve, and garnish with a swirl of cream and parsley.
To order, please contact customer service at 718-378-1122 or call your sales representative.
Recipe from Irish American Mom